NEW Substitute Teacher Registration
Before a substitute teacher can become 'active' on the NISTR booking system they must complete all registration stages.
- Read all information carefully
- Stage 1: NISTR Online Registration
- Stage 2: GTCNI Registration
- Stage 3: AccessNI Enhanced Disclosure Check
Click here to find out about upcoming Substitute Teacher Registration Changes.
Stage 1: NISTR Online Registration
The following information is required for NISTR Online Registration
- Your valid email address
- Your Teacher reference number (can be entered at a later date if not yet received from GTCNI)
- List of your qualifications
- Details of recent experience
Complete the online registration process at https://login.nistr.org.uk
What Happens Next
- At the end of the registration process NISTR Administration staff receive an email stating a new registration.
- NISTR Administration on receival of the email will check the information provided and an email will be sent letting you know your requirements to complete Stage 3: Enhanced Disclosure Check.
Stage 2: GTCNI Registration
To be an 'active' user on the NISTR system you must be General Teaching Council for Northern Ireland (GTCNI) registered.
Teachers seeking to register with GTCNI can obtain application forms directly from their website www.gtcni.org.uk.
Note: You can still complete the NISTR online registration process when not GTCNI registered.
Stage 3: Enhanced Disclosure Check
In all cases where an enhanced disclosure check is required substitute teachers are responsible for payment of the full cost involved.
NISTR administration staff on review of your supplied 'Application for Inclusion on the Northern Ireland Register for Substitute Teachers' form from Stage 1 will send you an email detailing the step(s) you must complete for this stage.
Note: If you require any further information in relation to the AccessNI application process please contact the EA AccessNI Office using one of the following methods:
Telephone: 028 2566 1193
You MUST have your NISTR ID to complete this form. Your NISTR User ID is in the subject header of every system email you receive.
What Happens Next
- Once all stages are complete and approved, NISTR Administration staff will send you an email detailing that you are now 'active' for schools to book.